Concrete Planters: Outdoor Strength and Stability
Concrete planters are the perfect container for displaying outdoor
tropical palms and shrubs.
They are low-maintenance and complement porches, patios, driveways, and
Unique patterns and styles add interest and elegance to your landscape
or garden design.
Plant Containers – What Are The Advantages?
- Heavy duty outdoor containers protect plants from extreme temperatures.
- Their large weight and size discourage theft of valuable
- Ideal home for large outdoor plants, shrubs, and trees with
large root systems.
- They are available in larger sizes than other conatiners.
- Some styles to choose from include:
- Fiberglass planters made to look like concrete are a light
weight option ideal for terraces and decks. Resin is mixed with
polystone to create the look and feel of concrete without the
How to Choose the Best
Concrete plant containers are ideal if you are looking for strength and
stability for large outdoor tropicals. Take a little extra time when
choosing this type of plant container because you will more than likely
replace it due to making a bad choice, not because of wear and tear.
Knowing your requirements before you start shopping will save time,
prevent frustration, and best of all, save money. Follow these tips for
choosing the best concrete planter:
- Decide what the planter will hold. Choose a container that
will accommodate the roots of the tropical tree, shrub, or plant when
it reaches maturity.
- If you need the ability to move the pot for any reason,
think twice about buying a genuine concrete planter. Remember, faux
planters with the look and feel of concrete are a lightweight
- Choose a style. The style you settle on will depend on the
- The plant(s) that will reside in the container.
- The location you choose for the container.
- The design and style of your garden, landscape, or home.
- Choose a color and/or texture that complements you
landscape as well as the architectural style of your home. Cast stone
planters are available in a variety of colors and textures. If you
cannot find a pre-made planter that fits your needs, you can have one
custom-made to your specifications.
Caring for Concrete
Caring for planters properly will keep plants healthy and
ensure the container is structurally sound. Concrete plant containers
are durable and require minimal care.
- If your plant grows larger than expected, re-pot if
necessary. Expanding roots could become root-bound and damage the
plant, or cause cracks in the planter.
- Concrete is porous and may need to be sealed.
- Watering plants in freezing temperatures can cause cast
stone containers to crack if the water freezes. Be sure to allow for
adequate drainage or move the planter to a location (such as the
garage) that will protect the planter from freezing temperatures.
Concrete Planters for Sale
More Plant Containers