Fiberglass Planters: Attractive, Lightweight, and Durable
Fiberglass planters are attractive, versatile, and cost-effective.
They have the natural look of stone, concrete, or terracotta and are
available in a variety of styles and finishes.
Fiberglass containers display tropical plants beautifully in both
indoor and outdoor locations.
Plant Containers – What Are The Advantages?
- Unique finishes simulate the look of natural materials
(stone, concrete, terracotta, iron)
without the heavy weight.
- The molds used to make these plant containers allow
manufacturers to create unique surface patterns and textures.
- Their light weight makes these planters easy to move from
one location from another.
- Fiberglass is a durable material that requires minimal care
and will last for many years to come.
- There are many styles to choose from:
- Prices range from economical to high-end
How to Choose the Best
Fiberglass garden planters are durable and will last for many
years. Take a little extra time when choosing this type of plant
container because you will more than likely replace it due to making a
bad choice, not because of wear and tear.
Knowing your requirements before you start shopping will save time,
prevent frustration, and best of all, save money. Follow these tips for
choosing the best container:
- Decide what the planter will hold. A tree or shrub will
require a sturdier container than a light, leafy plant. Remember,
fiberglass is a lightweight material.
- Determine the location. Fiberglass planters look great both
indoors and outdoors.
- Choose a style. The style you settle on will depend on the
- The plant(s) that will reside in the container.
- The location you choose for the container.
- The design and style of your garden, landscape, or home.
- Choose a finish and/or texture. Fiberglass planters are
available in a variety of finishes that simulate natural materials
(stone, concrete, terracotta, iron). Textures available include glossy,
matte, and crackle.
Caring for Fiberglass
Caring for planters properly will keep plants healthy and
ensure the container is structurally sound. Fiberglass containers are
durable and require minimal care.
- Re-pot plants if necessary. Expanding roots could cause
cracks in the planter.
- Fiberglass is non-porous. Proper drainage is important for
plant health, so be sure the container has a drainage hole.
- Protect smaller planters from heavy winds. Bring them
inside during harsh weather.
Fiberglass Planters for
More Plant Containers