Hanging Planters: Cascading Elegance
Hanging planters are the perfect container for displaying cascading
plants, colorful flowers, and full foliage.
They make a beautiful decoration for a balcony, porch, or patio.
If you live in an apartment or condo, and are limited on space, hanging
baskets are a great way to display your tropical plants and flowers.
Plant Containers – What Are The Advantages?
- Large baskets display large, lush plants and flowers.
- Mesh baskets allow for planting through the sides of the
- Can be hung in a variety of locations – porches, patios,
balconies, decks, and garden arbors.
- Some styles to choose from include:
- Hanging plant containers display plants and flowers without
taking up space.
- Best planter for displaying full foliage, cascading plants,
and bright tropical flowers.
How to Choose the Best
Hanging flower baskets look great in many locations. Take your time
when making a selection. There are many styles and materials to choose
from. Knowing your requirements before you start shopping will save
time, prevent frustration, and best of all, save money. Follow these
tips for choosing the best planter:
- Decide what the container will hold. Large displays require
- Determine the location. Choose a stable structure that can
hold the weight of the planted basket.
- Choose a style. The style you settle on will depend on the
- The plant(s) that will reside in the container.
- The location you choose for the container.
- The design and style of your garden, landscape, or home.
- Choose a material that will complement your landscape as
well as the style of your home.
Caring for Hanging Plant
Caring for planters properly will keep plants healthy and
ensure the container lasts as long as possible.
- When planting these containers, choose plants with similar
care and growing requirements.
- Be sure to water and fertilize frequently. Water drains out
of the bottom of the basket, taking some of the nutrients with it.
- For wire baskets, use natural fiber liners (coco, coir, or
moss). Add a plastic liner inside the natural liner. Remember to poke
holes for drainage.
- When planted, hanging plant containers are heavy. Before
you hang the basket, be sure the structure can hold the weight.
Hanging Planters for Sale
More Plant Containers