Metal Planters: Beauty Increases with Age
Metal planters are durable and their beauty increases with age. They
are available in a variety of metals – iron, steel, aluminum, copper,
bronze, chrome, and brass.
Metal containers can be used to display both indoor and outdoor
The unique variations in color and texture that occur with age add
beauty and interest to your landscape or garden design.
Plant Containers – What Are The Advantages?
- Their interesting shapes complement a variety of indoor and outdoor design styles –
rectangles, squares, cylinders, spheres, and ovals.
- Metal garden planters are non-porous and retain moisture.
- Colors and textures change with age, and blend in
beautifully with tropical gardens and landscapes.
- Some styles to choose from include:
- Metal is durable and will not chip or crack.
How to Choose the Best
Metal plant containers display your tropicals with elegance and style.
Take your time when making a selection. There are many styles and
materials to choose from. Knowing your requirements before you start
shopping will save time, prevent frustration, and best of all, save
money. Follow these tips for choosing the best metal planter:
- Decide what the planter will hold. Choose a container that
will accommodate the roots of the tropical tree, shrub, or plant when
it reaches maturity.
- If you need the ability to move the planter for any reason,
think twice about buying a heavy metal planter. Consider a fiberglass
container that provides the look and feel of metal without the weight
- Choose a style. The style you settle on will depend on the
- The plant(s) that will reside in the container.
- The location you choose for the container.
- The design and style of your garden, landscape, or home.
- Choose a material and/or texture that will complement your
landscape as well as the style of your home. Metal planters are
available in a variety of materials, styles, and textures. If you
cannot find a pre-made planter that fits your needs, you can have one
custom-made to your specifications.
Caring for Metal Garden
Caring for planters properly will keep plants healthy and ensure the
container is lasts for many years. These planters are durable and
require minimal care.
- Large, thick metal containers are heavy, so be sure to
install them properly. Some pieces may require special equipment for
- Place outdoor planters out of direct sunlight. Strong sun
will heat up the metal and could cause root damage.
- Some containers do not include drainage holes. Consider
double potting or you can drill drainage holes yourself.
- Follow instructions for installation and care that are
provided when you purchase the planter.
Metal Planters for Sale
Metal Animal Planters
More Plant Containers