Stone Planters: Classic Outdoor Elegance
Stone planters are popular at home as well as in commercial settings.
They add a touch of classic elegance, and are perfect for displaying
large tropical palms, shrubs, and container gardens.
They are a stunning compliment to porches, patios, driveways, and
entranceways. The unique variations in color that occur as stone
containers age add beauty and interest to your landscape or garden
Stone Planters – What Are The Advantages?
- These heavy duty containers protect plants from extreme temperatures.
- Cast stone has been around for many years, and is a durable
alternative to other materials such as terra cotta, ceramic, or plastic.
- Natural stone containers change color as they age, and blend
in beautifully with tropical gardens and landscapes.
- Some styles to choose from include:
- Faux planters made from fiberglass are a light weight
option ideal for terraces and decks.
How to Choose the Best
Stone plant containers display your tropicals with a classic elegance.
These planters are heavy. Larger styles require special transportation
and large equipment (cranes, forklifts) for installation. Knowing your
requirements before you start shopping will save time, prevent
frustration, and best of all, save money. Follow these tips for
choosing the best planter:
- Decide what the planter will hold. Choose a planter that
will accommodate the roots of the tropical tree, shrub, or plant when
it reaches maturity.
- If you need the ability to move the planter for any reason,
think twice about buying a genuine stone planter. Fiberglass or resin
containers provide the look and feel of stone without the weight
- Choose a style. The style you settle on will depend on the
- The plant(s) that will reside in the container.
- The location you choose for the container.
- The design and style of your garden, landscape, or home.
- Choose a color and/or texture that compliments your
landscape as well as the architectural style of your home. These
planters are available in a variety of colors, styles, and textures. If
you cannot find one that fits your needs, you can have one custom-made
to your specifications.
Caring for Stone Garden
Caring for planters properly will keep plants healthy and
ensure the container is structurally sound. Limestone planters are
durable and require minimal care.
- These containers are heavy, so be sure to install them
properly. Some pieces may require special equipment for handling.
- If your plant grows larger than expected, re-pot if
necessary. Expanding roots could become root-bound and damage the
plant, or cause cracks in the planter.
- Watering plants in freezing temperatures can cause stone
containers to crack if the water freezes. Proper drainage is important
for planter performance. Check for drainage holes.
- Consider moving smaller planters to a location (such as a
garage or shed) that will protect the planter from freezing
- Follow instructions for installation and care that are
provided when you purchase the planter.
Stone and Faux Stone
Planters for Sale
More Plant Containers