Tropical Landscape Design - Creating an Exotic
Need a relaxing escape from your everyday routine?
Tropical landscape design will create a tropical getaway right outside
By applying basic landscaping design concepts using tropical
plants and flowers, your landscape will be transformed into a paradise
Principles – Planning Essentials for Your Exotic Escape
Elements of Art - Color, line, form, texture, and scale are
used in conjunction with design
principles throughout the planning
Principles of Design - Attention to unity, balance, transition,
proportion, pattern, and emphasis will ensure a tropical landscape
design that exceeds your expectations.
Developing a Design - An organized approach streamlines the planning
process and improves efficiency.
a Water Feature Design in Your Plan
The sound of a rippling brook or flowing waterfall encourages
of peace and tranquility. Include a water feature in your tropical
landscape design to create a peaceful and soothing ambiance.
– A beautiful addition to the design of a pond, or added as a
complement to your swimming pool.
– Imagine the sight and sound of water trickling between aquatic
plantings of plantings of delphinium, lupine and hollyhocks. Enjoy
watching the wildlife that frequents the pond like the frogs and
act as a collection point for a waterfall, or be a home to Koi or
– Enjoy the tranquility and natural sounds of a stream in your tropical
Flowing water adds delightful sound and a peaceful ambiance. Consider
adding a fountain to your landscape as a design focal point.
Hardscaping Shapes Your
Hard landscaping, also known as hardscaping, refers to all elements of
a yard that are not related to plant life. Hardscaping is an essential
since it provides the framework for your tropical landscape design.
Incorporate hardscaping into your outdoor design to:
- Enhance the appearance of the yard to create balance and
- Create boundaries for privacy for privacy and safety.
- Correct landscape problem areas. Retaining walls
correct steep slopes as well as prevent soil erosion.
Landscape Lighting Tips:
Outdoor spaces are inviting, secure, and attractive at night with
proper landscape lighting design. Landscape lighting can be used to
illuminate walkways and patios, spotlight a sculpture or fountain, or
highlight plant-life in a tropical landscape.
Benefits of landscape lights include:
Prevents tripping and falling on steps, pathways, patios, and decks.
Discourage unwanted guests from your property.
Enjoy your outdoor tropical paradise or entertain guests after the sun
Strategically placed lighting reveals the beauty of you outdoor
Professional: Do you need one?
A functional, creative, and beautiful landscape requires knowledge of
design principles, plant life, and structural concepts.
Depending on the scope of your project, your tropical landscape plan
might require extensive knowledge of irrigation systems, tropical
plant-life, outdoor lighting, and hardscaping.
A tropical landscape designer will:
- Have specialized knowledge of tropical plant-life.
- Possess an understanding of basic design principles.
- Be aware of any city regulations and rules that must be
- Work with you throughout the project to ensure your vision
comes to life.
Landscaping and Landscape Design Information
– Gazebo Designs and Placement Tips
– Pergola Designs and Placement Tips
– Garden Trellises and Trellis Designs
– Two Easy Trellis Designs
– Garden Arbors and Arbor Designs