Window Box Planters: Vibrant Curb Appeal
Window box planters add beauty and style to your home, as well as
enhance curb appeal.
Enjoy the view of a tropical paradise planted right outside your
If you’re short on planting space, these planters are the solution.
box Planters – What Are The Advantages?
- Similar to wall planters, these containers are versatile,
adding tropical blooms and foliage to dull, hard to decorate outdoor
spaces such as walls, fences, and gates.
- Enhance curb appeal by adding vibrant blooms and lush
foliage to the
outside of your home.
- Can be mounted in a variety of outdoor locations – porches,
balconies, decks, fences, and under windows.
- Some materials to choose from include:
- Metal (copper, aluminum, bronze) planters
- Window box planters display plants and flowers without
taking up space.
How to Choose the Best
Window planters add color and style right outside you window. They
improve curb appeal and enhance landscape design themes. Take your time
when making a selection. There are many styles and materials to choose
from. Knowing your requirements before you start shopping will save
time, prevent frustration, and best of all, save money. Follow these
tips for choosing the best planter:
- Decide what the planter will hold. Large displays require
- Choose a style. The style you settle on will depend on the
- The plant(s) that will reside in the container.
- The location you choose for the container.
- The design and style of your garden, landscape, or home.
- Choose a material that will complement your landscape as
well as withstand the outdoor elements.
- Determine the location. Choose a stable building or
structure that can hold the weight of the planted container.
- If you can’t find the perfect planter, consider have one
custom-made to you specifications.
Caring for Window Planters
Caring for planters properly will keep plants healthy and
ensure the container lasts as long as possible.
Remember, proper installation will ensure safety, satisfaction, and
longevity. Follow the installation instructions provided with the
planter, or hire a professional to mount the window box planter.
Choose the best plants for the container. Consider the size of the
planter as well as where the planter will be mounted. Larger containers
accommodate larger plants and will allow for root growth. The plants
you select will also depend on the exposure to the elements (wind,
temperature, and sun).
Be sure planter allows for proper drainage. Check for drainage holes.
If your plant grows larger than expected, re-pot if necessary.
Expanding roots could become root-bound and damage the plant, or cause
cracks in the planter.
Window Box Planters for
More Plant Containers