Deck Railing Planters: Create a Garden Paradise
Deck railing planters transform patios, balconies, and decks into a
These planters are perfect for adding exotic blooms and foliage to
bland, hard to decorate outdoor spaces such as balconies, decks, and
Enjoy the view of a tropical paradise as you relax on your porch,
patio, or deck.
Rail Planters – What Are The Advantages?
- Their convenient height makes caring for container gardens
- Enhance curb appeal by adding vibrant blooms and lush
foliage to your landscape design.
- A versatile planter, these containers can be mounted on, or
hung from railings or fences. They are available in straight, corner or
stacking styles. Place planted pots inside, or plant directly into
- Some materials to choose from include:
- Metal (copper, aluminum, bronze) planters
- Add planting space, and create privacy in small areas such
as decks, patios, and porches.
How to Choose the Best Deck
Deck rail planters add color and style to decks, porches, and
patios. They improve curb appeal and enhance landscape design
Take your time when making a selection. There are many styles
and materials to choose from. Knowing your requirements before you
start shopping will save time, prevent frustration, and best of all,
Follow these tips for choosing the best planter:
- Decide what the planter will hold. Large displays require
- Choose a style. The style you settle on will depend on the
- The plant(s) that will reside in the container.
- The location you choose for the container.
- The design and style of your garden, landscape, or home.
- Choose a material that will complement your landscape as
well as withstand the outdoor elements.
- Determine the location. Choose a stable rail or fence that
can hold the weight of the planted container.
- Remember, fences and rails vary in width, so be sure to
take specific measurements before purchasing this type of planter.
- If you can’t find the perfect planter, consider having one
custom-made to your specifications.
Caring for Railing Planters
Caring for deck railing planters properly will keep plants healthy and
ensure the container lasts as long as possible.
- Remember, proper installation will ensure safety,
satisfaction, and longevity. Follow the installation instructions
provided with the planter, or hire a professional to mount the deck
- Choose the best plants for the container. Consider the size
of the planter as well as where the planter will be mounted. Larger
containers accommodate larger plants and will allow for root growth.
The plants you select will also depend on the exposure to the elements
(wind, temperature, and sun).
- Be sure planter allows for proper drainage. Check for
- If your plant grows larger than expected, re-pot if
necessary. Expanding roots could become root-bound and damage the
plant, or cause cracks in the planter.
Deck Railing Planters for
More Plant Containers