Wooden Planters: Natural Beauty and Charm
Wooden planters are the ideal choice for adding natural beauty and
charm to your tropical garden or landscape.
They make a perfect home for a variety of tropical plants, and look
great in any location.
If you are planting a container garden, consider using a wooden plant
Containers - What are the advantages?
- They are available in a variety of woods, such as cedar, redwood, teak, and
- There are many styles to choose from:
- Combination bench/box planters
- Wooden garden planters are durable and some are resistant
to rot without being painted or treated (redwood and cedar).
- Large sizes will accommodate small trees and
- Can be matched with other garden and landscape structures
to unify overall design (benches, trellises, arbors, or
- Wooden containers can be custom designed to fit your
How to Choose the Best
When it comes to buying the perfect wooden planter, you should
start with the end in mind. Knowing your requirements before you start
shopping will save time, prevent frustration, and best of all, save
money. Follow these steps for choosing the best container:
- Decide what the planter will hold. A tree or shrub will
require a sturdier container than a light, leafy plant.
- Determine the location. Wooden containers look great in a
variety of locations – decks, patios, gardens, porches, balconies, or
- Choose a style. The style you settle on will depend on the
- The plant(s) that will reside in the container.
- The location you choose for the container.
- The design and style of your garden and/or landscape.
- Finished or unfinished? An unfinished wooden container will
allow you the freedom to be creative with stain or paint color.
Caring for Wooden
Caring for planters properly will keep plants healthy and ensure the
container is structurally sound. To extend wooden container life and
prevent rot you can:
- Line planter with plastic (be sure to poke a drainage hole).
- Double pot plants (set already potted plants inside).
- Be sure container has a drainage hole.
- Keep bottom of planter raised off of the ground to ensure
- Treat wood with a water proof sealer, or a non-toxic stain
- Re-pot plants before they become root bound.
- Bring planters inside during harsh weather.
Wooden Containers for Sale
More Plant Containers